Heller & Metzger, PC has been at the forefront of developing customized specifications suited to the demanding and unique designs of our clients. We have prepared over 600 Project Manuals for a wide range of institutional, commercial, educational, performing arts, historic renovation, interior, residential and transportation facilities representing a cumulative construction budget of well over six billion dollars.
The Heller & Metzger, PC staff includes registered architects with experience as project architects prior to becoming specification writers. We understand the value of having an extra professional review architectural documents. Our services include the following:
- Preparation of Project Manuals
- Document coordination
- Development of material schedules
- Product research
- Preparation of specifications incorporating LEED/Sustainable Design criteria
- Review and development of building product manufacturer data
- Review and development of Conditions of the Contract
- Lectures, workshops and presentations about technical architectural issues
- Editing and development of GSA and OBO specifications requirements, as well as DC, VA & MD state and local jurisdiction
Our specifications are written using our office masters, or MASTERSPEC© in either Master Format 1995 or 2004 formats, depending on project requirements.
Heller & Metzger, PC also offers “real-time” specification consulting through a service called SpecLine. SpecLine gives you access to the specification professionals here at our firm. Please see the SpecLine section of our website for more information.